It is recommended that you understand and identify what design features you will need to carry out your objective. If you will be the only one allowed to share information include those parameters. In addition, if your space is simply for members to join to promote their products and services, let that be a part of your design. You must also think about your design features in keeping with your goals and objective, proactively.
When an individual ask to join your group, you can either use a matrix of questions to create a check-list or you can create a questionnaire before making a decision to accept their request for membership. Using either way will help you to determine if the person is a good fit.
- Observe what type of information they are sharing — is the information focused on business or empowerment or just trivia?
- What other groups are they involved in? Examine the groups that they belongs to identify their interest.
- Check to see how many of their friends are members of your group
- I also examine their "about page"
- Observe if they have a business website
- Identify if their business type is in keeping with your requirements
- Check to identify their interest whether they are a games enthusiast
- Check to see if the have a business Fanpage.
- Find out if they have legitimate business that they birthed for the initial stage of development though growth and sustainability.
- Observe what level of education they have? This sometimes plays an important role in determining people's seriousness regarding your group's purpose
- Overall try to get as much information that you can possible get to make an informed decision. If the individual meets your criteria, he or she is accepted into the group. On entering, it is welcoming to send out a "welcome message" with directives to introduce themselves.